This procedure provides instruction to remove and install the Pedals.
The pedals are dual-sided SPD speed® compatible pedal attached to oversized crank arms utilizing the patented Morse taper connections.
|Pedal Replacement tutorial video.|
(used to remove pedal)
|X-Tools Crank Extractor)(1) or similar||1|
Review entire procedure before starting.
CAUTION: Be careful not to scratch or dent bike with tools during the removal/installation process.
- Position the crank arm and right pedal to the 12 o'clock position.
- Remove the pedal mounting bolt using an 8 mm hex key. Retain part(s) and/or fastener(s) for installation.
- Use a crank puller (recommended PN X-Tools Crank Extractor or similar) to press the pedal out of the crank arm and remove.
- Repeat steps to remove the left pedal.
- Insert the right pedal into the right crank arm. Seat the pedal by using a rubber mallet to lightly tap the center of the pedal into the crank arm.
- Secure pedal with the pedal mounting bolt using an 8 mm hex key, torque to 33 ft-lb (45 N•m).
- Repeat installation steps to install the left pedal.
- Verify the bike operation per Operation Verification Checklist and return to service